Tuesday, January 17, 2006



It happened again, another car raced through the light on 192 and slammed into this motel. It hit the column to the right and twisted sideways under the canopy. Not much left, he must have been flying.

I actually heard it happen. I was watching TV and heard the brakes screeching and a low thud, almost too low to hear. I ran out but didn't see anything and there were cars driving by as if nothing happened. I thought maybe it was just a close call. A little while later I heard the sirens and knew exactly what happened. I think this is 3 times since I've been here, maybe 4. I'm surprised the canopy is still there after all these accidents. The cars are always destoyed and I've never seen anyone walk away - not tonight either. Here comes the helicopter again.

No comments: