Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Not Sure If I Believe This


Woman Says Dog Saved Her by Performing Heimlich Maneuver

Parkhurst was home alone Friday afternoon eating a snack of sliced apples when one became lodged in her windpipe. After smacking herself against a chair to dislodge it, she started beating herself on the chest, which she thinks alerted Toby to the problem.

"The next think I know, Toby’s up on his hind feet and he’s got his front paws on my shoulders," she told the Cecil Whig. "He pushed me to the ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my chest."


I don't know, it seems a little embellished. It reminds me of a story I read after the tornado outbreak near Orlando earlier this year, I wish I could find a link to it. It seems the person involved was in bed or laying on a sofa and he (she?) heard a loud noise and the ceiling started caving in. Seeing this the dog rushed to her aid and pulled her to safety onto the floor before the ceiling crashed down where she was laying.

I may not have all the details right, I remember reading it in disbelief, too much happened in literally the blink of an eye. It could have happened, just not exactly as fast as the story let on.

Dog superheroes, gotta luv'em.

No comments: