Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm From the Government, Trust Me


At least 70 dogs have been sickened so far this year after reportedly eating chicken jerky products imported from China, FDA officials said.
FDA to the rescue
FDA officials say they have not been able to find a cause for the illnesses. Extensive chemical and microbiological testing has failed to turn up a specific contaminant and officials did not identify a specific brand of treats. They note that the reports of illness have not conclusively been tied to chicken jerky products, also sold as chicken tenders, chicken strips or chicken treats.
When I first saw this I was worried because my dog loves these things and they are practically the only snack I can give her that doesn't make her itch like mad, but the more I think about what this article says - which is basically nothing - the more inclined I am to think this is designed to scare people away form these treats back to Milkbones or something. You know how our government works now, give enough campaign contributions or grease the right palms and the government will cripple your competition for you. 70 dogs got sick out of how many? Have you ever read reviews of dog food? You'd think they were legally canning poison. I call BS on this one - even if they are from China. I don't trust the FDA, I don't trust the government.

No comments: