Monday, October 14, 2002

Website of the day: Puzz.com Puzzles, games, IQ tests, trivia - choice overload!

Jeremiah 26:7 So the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of the LORD. 8 Now it came to pass, when Jeremiah had made an end of speaking all that the LORD had commanded him to speak unto all the people, that the priests and the prophets and all the people took him, saying, Thou shalt surely die. 9 Why hast thou prophesied in the name of the LORD, saying, This house shall be like Shiloh, and this city shall be desolate without an inhabitant? And all the people were gathered against Jeremiah in the house of the LORD. 10 When the princes of Judah heard these things, then they came up from the king's house unto the house of the LORD, and sat down in the entry of the new gate of the LORD'S house. 11 Then spake the priests and the prophets unto the princes and to all the people, saying, This man is worthy to die; for he hath prophesied against this city, as ye have heard with your ears. 12 Then spake Jeremiah unto all the princes and to all the people, saying, The LORD sent me to prophesy against this house and against this city all the words that ye have heard. 13 Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you. 14 As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you. 15 But know ye for certain, that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city, and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the LORD hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears.

What's interesting to note here is that all the priests, prophets (their prophets), and all the people were living their lives oblivious to the fact that God had a problem with them. They were living there lives, like you and me, and didn't consider their actions wrong, to the contrary, they were priests, prophets, people of God. How dare this man come to them and pronounce a judgement against them from God! He must be crazy. The were going to kill him!
They were not go around thinking, I know I'm doing wrong, I know this church is deceived but I choose to attend anyway, I know God doesn't approve of the way I'm living but I don't care. Well, maybe some did, as today, in ignorance, but very few.


Re 12:9 -
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

It says and it means the whole world. Everyone. It is unbelievable how, layer upon layer, this world is truly deceived. The more you learn, uncover the lies, seek after the truth, peel away the layers, the more in awe you become of just how complete it is. And then you realize there is still more. And more. And more.

Just like you and me, they went to work, cooked, played with their kids, got married, whatever. They didn't live way back in the dusty past when they didn't know better. They lived (to them) in the here and now, like you do. We are not smarter about such things today, we just think we are. After all, it is the 21st century, I mean get with the program.

God has a witness here among us now (no, not me) and we (well, not me, I guess that makes me a nut as well) ignore him, think he's a nut, don't want to here it! But that will not stop the inevitable.

Nu 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Jer 26:13
Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.

No comments: