Sunday, May 30, 2004

Three Down, One To Go

We went to Disney to use up our pass before it expires. I don't know how people can stand to walk around there all day. It has been in the upper 90's and walking around in that heat (and waiting on lines) will kill you. We went to all the parks except Animal Kingdom. We all went on Test Track and James was a little scared when it went fast but he was OK. I waited outside with James while Irma and Joshua went on Mission Space. I would've gone on it but the line was too long to wait a second time (for my taste). There is an area at the exit of that ride where the kids can play. They have games and tubes for the kids to crawl through and other things but it is dark in there and I found it pretty annoying, but it's got A/C! I looked up the hallway at the exit and there was a bench in the well lit hall so I took James up there to sit but the guy who worked there didn't care for that idea too much, although he tolerated it, but another woman followed me up and he asked why everyone was walking up that way. I told him I didn't know about her but I wanted to sit in the light. I like light, not darkness.

We went on the backlot tour at MGM. There is a part where they do some shooting and explosions in a huge water tank. James doesn't like loud noises so he put his hands over his ears (he did that whenever there was noise or loud music). When it ended he said to me, "I'm glad that's over!" He went on the Star Tours and he liked that. When we came out he pointed to the sky and said we were up there.

His favorite was the Speedway cars and the monorail and boats. He liked going this time but got very tired after a while and wanted to be carried. We had a stroller but I don't like pushing them around all day and then trying to find it after you get off a ride.

All in all we had a good time and James enjoys going to the parks. He just likes it different than I remember liking it when I was a kid.

No comments: