Friday, October 07, 2005

Crazy People


There seems to be no end to the supply.

Shortly after I got to work tonight, we heard a loud noise and some cursing outside so we went out to investigate. There were four people out there. Two were walking away, toward the road and it seems they were fighting, the source of the noise. They were leaving, fine. Walking towards me is an old, drunk guy, carrying a dirty, broken styrofoam box - he said something about the couple walking away, I didn't quite make it out. My coworker recognized him, he was drunk when he checked in. He went quietly towards his room.

Coming up behind him, about fifty feet or so, is a younger guy carrying a few packages of, what else, beer. He was walking in the middle of the parking lot just inside the entrance of the hotel. As I was watching him his packages started moving, he started juggling a can but it fell. Then another, and another. Then they all came tumbling down, spilling onto the parking lot. It was like watching a Laurel and Hardy episode. I couldn't stop laughing at how it happened, I had to go inside so he wouldn't hear me.

He started picking everything up but then he just sat down among all the cans. He was just sitting there, if I didn't know better I would have thought he fell and got hurt. I felt bad now. I looked for a large box to bring out to him but he managed to pick everything up. He walked toward the back and met up with the old, drunk guy. I walked back to make sure they were OK. They got in the room OK but not before dropping more beer cans and leaving about six broken cans in the parking lot. I picked them up and threw them away. One wasn't broken. I smelled like beer.

Meanwhile, back in the lobby, my coworker said something about a shotgun blast in one of the rooms. What? I didn't hear about this. Sometime in the past few days, one of our guests blew a whole in the wall with a shotgun. Nobody heard, or at least reported, the noise. I had to see that. The blast hit the safe first, putting a deep, long dent in the heavy metal, then went on (luckily) into a outside wall. Of course, the guest had checked out by the time the hotel noticed. A police report was made.

I don't have my camera to take a picture of it and I'm off Friday night. I will bring my camera Saturday night and hopefully they won't fix the room before then. I want a picture of that.

To top it off, a hotel down the road was robbed at gunpoint Thursday morning at 6:15am.

Oh what fun.

No comments: