Sunday, October 30, 2005

Damage Report


We've been home a few days now, it's hard to get back in the swing of things. While I was at the feast I was a bit worried about what damage Hurricane Wilma would cause to my house. I even considered coming home to board up the windows, but no. I prayed about it and decided to leave it in God's hands. We weren't in the direct path but they were forecasting 50 to 60 mph winds and I left all the chairs and plants outside. I watched the radar on the internet carefully and saw some massive red returns right over our town.

Well, I was right not to worry too much about it. It looked as if nothing happened at all when we got home. James had a little red car he rides on in the yard - still in the same place. All the chairs on the porch and deck - same place. There were a few dead, broken tree branches and the garbage cans moved about ten feet. That's all. It even looks like the power stayed on because my clock still had the right time.

Next time I'm away during hurricane season I think I will take normal hurricane precautions so I will not even have to think about going back.

No comments: