Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Didn't Anyone Ever Tell You It's Rude To Stare


We were in a Burger King today (because James wanted a Silver Surfer toy and for no other reason) and after we sat down a woman came and sat across from us. She was leaning forward on the table staring at us or me (I don't know) and talking and arguing (on the phone?). I don't know, there was no phone and no headset that we could see. Still, I think she was on the phone.

Anyway, I told Irma I wanted to sit somewhere else. Apparently I was being too sensitive. I don't like people staring at me, she's not even turning away, just a very intense stare. Now I was being insensitive, she could be mentally ill. I really didn't care what the deal was with the woman, I just wanted to get out of her immediate field of vision. I wasn't going to be rude or insult her or anything like that. I moved, Irma didn't. No big deal, at least I got to eat comfortably and in peace.

As we were leaving the woman went outside and began intensely arguing with some guy. Suddenly, Irma was in a hurry to get away from her.

No comments: