Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm Connected!


To the internet, that is. The new PepWave Surf AP came yesterday and it works like a charm. I had some trouble connecting the Apple Powerbook with WEP/WPA encryption (it kept saying the password was wrong - it was not) so I ended up leaving it with no encryption but the way it is set up you can't tell there is a separate access point from the city WiFi - it is just increasing the signal strength. The Windows computers (XP and Vista) both had no trouble with the encryption, as easy as putting in the password.

I thought Apple got along with everyone? Guess it's really not that easy, eh. I am really disappointed in the Apple computer. There's a lot of hype about it and I'm following the adventures of some that recently switched to Apple and are now enamored with it - as I was - but they will come to realize that it's just another operating system with it's own faults and problems and it's far from perfect. It's a tool, it has it's strengths and weaknesses - just like Windows.

Anyway, I'm happy I finally have high speed wireless throughout the house with no monthly charge. Yeah!

By the way, if you live in an area with city-wide WiFi, I highly recommend the PepWave Surf AP. Definitely a worthy investment.

No comments: