Wednesday, February 03, 2010

House of Cards


Currency collapse in America's future?

Folksinger, songwriter and ever-sharp wit Oscar Brand got a nice laugh out of me when he recalled that his father once worked in western Canada as an interpreter between the local Indians and the Hudson Bay Company. He said his father could not speak the Indians' language, but the only way the Indians could convey that to the Hudson Bay Company was through his father!

I've long held the silent feeling that somebody in government is deliberately failing to convey certain vital facts of monetary life to the American people. My silence owed to my ignorance of advanced economics and my sappy assumption that somebody in Washington was an expert. I now conclude there are no experts, only varying degrees of ignorance; so suddenly I value my own opinion enough to express it.

No comments: