Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Welfare State


Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

But according to the Daveys they have nothing to be thankful for.

'It doesn't bother me that taxpayers are paying for me to have a large family,' added Mrs Davey.

'We couldn't afford to care for our children without benefits, but as long as they have everything they need, I don't think I'm selfish.

'Most of the parents at our kids' school are on benefits.'

She added: 'I don't feel bad about being subsidised by people who are working. I'm just working with the system that's there.

'If the government wants to give me money, I'm happy to take it. We get what we're entitled to.

If you can't see anything wrong with that, you are part of the problem.

Britain is broke, btw, as in, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

No comments: