Monday, March 14, 2011

Flea and Tick Control



Last month I got Madison some Advantix. She's used it before and I wasn't completely happy with it. Why? Because it doesn't last a whole month. By the 3rd week she's scratching again. I've tried Frontline and Biospot with similar and much worse results.

The only thing that I've been completely happy with using is Comfortis. It's a prescription pill that you give the dog once a month. It works like a charm but it's even more expensive than Advantix and you have to go to the vet for a prescription. It's almost $90 for 6 pills! What a racket. And the vet charges more and of course they want you to buy from them. Sorry, not happening. I'm not made of money.

So, Advantix it is. But I have to apply it every 3 weeks. And she hates the stuff. Sorry Madison, but after the first day you don't notice it.

I hate prescription medications. There are some medications that require medical evaluation, I know, but for fleas? Come on! They don't do any special tests or examinations if you want Comfortis. None.

I like that picture of Madison because she never lays on the bare floor. It's only carpet or cushions for her. She's spoiled. This picture was taken at James' birthday party, people were over and she lay down at my feet at the kitchen table.

No comments: