Monday, October 11, 2004

Nothing Out There



I did not keep up with the news while I was gone and I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing now. I just can't get interested. Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of this election and I know the difference between right and wrong but it is so disheartening to see so many people who really haven't got a clue about what's happening, who believe the most skilled liar, who believe truth is what the majority says it is.

Hear the Word of Jehovah, sons of Israel. For Jehovah has a quarrel with the people of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

There is lying, and swearing, and killing, and stealing, and the committing of adultery; and blood touches blood. Hosea 4:1,2


This is the United States today. God wants you to know it.


My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you from being priest to Me. Since you have forgotten the Law of your God, I will also forget your sons, even I.

As they were increased, so they sinned against Me. I will change their glory into shame.

They eat up the sin of My people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.

And it has become, Like people, like priest; and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them for their doings.

For they shall eat and not have enough. They shall fornicate and not increase, because they have stopped taking heed to Jehovah. Hosea 4:6-10


This is happening now, to us today. Even the religious leaders are misleading the people about the truth of God. Even those going to sunday services every week are not hearing Christ's message. They hear about Christ, but what is taught in His name is almost completely opposite what He taught and what the Bible says.

For many will come in My name, saying I am the Christ. And they will cause many to be led astray. Matthew 24:5


And that is the emphasis of that passage. Many will say Jesus is the Christ, they will use His name, but they will lead people astray by teaching what Christ did not teach. And that is what is happening today. People choose to believe Christianity is a crock based on what they have learned growing up and by what is taught in the churches. I did. I didn't believe it at all while I was young. I was taught by the Catholic church and when I would pick up the bible to read it myself, I came to realize that what the Bible says and what the churches say are completely different. I was trying to fit the truth of what I was reading into what I was being taught and it didn't fit. The result being rejection of religion. I wish I knew then what I know now.

No comments: