Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Crowds


I stopped at Walmart this afternoon to pick up a few things and the lines were crazy. I just wanted a few food items, I wasn't Christmas shopping. They need to have a line or 2 for people who are not Christmas shopping. Where do all these people come from anyway? Where are they all year long? I went to Publix instead - no lines.

Something I noticed though. I hadn't thought about it before, I don't really care, but seeing the lines brought it to my attention.

The stores I have been to are not decorated for Christmas. I didn't see any Christmas decorations at Walmart at all, no Christmas music, no sign Christmas is near except the lines and the Salvation Army guy out front (and they have eggnog). I don't think he had a bell either, don't they usually have a bell? They don't even have all that many toys out. In the past they have actually moved a whole section of the store to make room for more toys and closed the garden center to turn it into a Christmas center.

Maybe the malls are decorated - I'll never know.

No comments: