Monday, January 08, 2007

I Can't See, I Can't See, I Can't See


Whatsamadda? I got my eyes closed! Thunk!

The universe gives up its deepest secret

I don't think so. Sorry, no. Latest secret? OK, I'll go with that. Deepest, no way, there are plenty more in that hole. Not to mention we don't really even understand what we have here, how it works, what it is, what it's made of. See:

"We have answered the first question about where the dark matter is, but the ultimate goal will be to determine what it is."


This is an interesting development - mapping Dark Matter - I wish I could see what they have, it is not included in the article. In case you have no clue what it is:

Unlike the ordinary matter of the planets, stars and galaxies, which can be seen through telescopes or detected by scientific instruments, nobody has seen dark matter or knows what it is made of, though calculations suggest that it is at least six times bigger than the rest of the visible universe combined.


It's very interesting that it cannot be seen or detected by scientific instruments. Also worth mentioning is the words they chose to describe it.

One of the most important discoveries to emerge from the study is that dark matter appears to form an invisible scaffold or skeleton around which the visible universe has formed.

Although cosmologists have theorised that this would be the case, the findings are dramatic proof that their calculations are correct and that, without dark matter, the known universe that we can see would not be able to exist.

"A filamentary web of dark matter is threaded through the entire universe, and acts as scaffolding within which the ordinary matter - including stars, galaxies and planets - can later be built,"


Scaffolding within which ordinary matter can later be built. Interesting slip of the tongue, I assume, because in no way would they be insinuating that the universe was actually "built" by a higher intelligence, would they? No!

I really have no problem with what they are finding, I find it quite fascinating. I love to find out the little details of how the universe was put together. I believe God built it, they don't, but I'm not afraid of anything they can find out about the universe. In fact, every time they make a new discovery - if it turns out to be true - it reconfirms to me that the universe was designed and built by a Being so far above us in intelligence and ability that we can only begin to grasp very rudimentary aspects of that Being, most of which only because He revealed them to us.

(Job 26:7) He stretches out the north over the empty place, and He hung the earth on nothing.

(Isa 40:22) It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;


These were written long before modern science, long before we "discovered" the Earth is not flat. I can't wait to find out more!

No comments: