Friday, January 11, 2008

Political Con Artists


The government's 'prosperity gospel'

The morale of the story is simple: Don't ever trust government to be your friend. Government is not your friend. Government is not your meal ticket. Government is not your means to wealth and prosperity. Government is not a friend of freedom. Government is, indeed, the opposite of freedom.

I'm not preaching anarchy here. But I am preaching something darn close to it. It's called limited constitutional government. It's what our founders envisioned for their posterity – you and me.


I believe that with all my heart. The less a people can govern or control themselves, on a personal level, the stronger and more controlling a government must be to control them. Government doesn't give, it takes. Even while it's giving you benefits (which it took from someone else) it's taking your dignity, your freedom, and your soul.

No comments: