Friday, January 16, 2009

Science - It Isn't Perfect


"If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram."

The idea that we live in a hologram probably sounds absurd, but it is a natural extension of our best understanding of black holes, and something with a pretty firm theoretical footing. It has also been surprisingly helpful for physicists wrestling with theories of how the universe works at its most fundamental level.

I don't think we live in a hologram but I do believe that the universe is a temporary reality within a larger permanent, spiritual reality. Not sure how that works, wouldn't care to explain it, it's just my opinion. I like to watch scientific discoveries like this, it's very interesting to learn how the universe works and I'm not afraid they will discover something that will shake my faith in God. Every discovery has deepened my understanding. The Bible is scientifically correct but it is not a science text and doesn't pretend to be, scientific discoveries bring deeper understanding to the text. Sometimes you have to alter what you believe but that only means you now understand better than you did.

No comments: