Thursday, July 23, 2009

Come and See the Violence Inherent in the System


Prof rages at "racist" cops

Gates was already inside the house when police arrived but initially refused to identify himself, cops said.

This could have been real simple.

Gates: Hi, I'm Henry Gates, this is my house, I locked myself out, here's my identification.

Police: Sorry to trouble you sir, have a nice day.

"They did not believe him when he said that he was in his own home. He was totally mistreated,"

So, police should just believe everything they're told when they are investigating a possible crime? Because criminals will always tell the truth, won't they? "No, I don't live here, you got me, I was stealing."

When Gates was asked to step out on the front porch and talk, he allegedly responded, "No, I will not!" and, "I'll speak with your mama outside!"

When the cop explained he was investigating a break-in, Gates snarled, "Why, because I'm a black man?" the report claims.

Gates finally produced a Harvard ID.

As police started to leave, "Gates began to yell . . . accusing me of being a racist," one officer said in the report.

Gates eventually came outside, where the shouting continued in front of witnesses.

Then Gates -- ranting, yelling and "alarming" passers-by with his "outburst" -- was arrested, cops said.

His bad attitude is what got him arrested. The police were leaving after they saw his ID. He was acting like an ass, plain and simple. If the police thought he had broken into someones house he would have been on the ground at gunpoint, not taunting them while they were trying to ask some questions. They were called about a possible break-in, they have to know for sure before they leave, it's their job.

No comments: