Friday, September 11, 2009

On This Anniversary of 9/11


The United States is in more danger now than ever before, from within and without. Yet, I believe most people have no clue. I don't think 9/11 was so much a wake up call to the nation as it was just a terrible tragedy. Never again? Well, we don't want to step on any toes.

The United States is headed for disaster, this administration foolishly thinks it can control the "crisis" it is steering us into in order to further empower itself. It cannot. The fronts of this war from within are legion, and they are killing us, but very few of them are even on the radar. The enemy has taken the hill.

Our only hope lies in our return to God. Not likely to happen - historically improbable.

While the very mention of God may seem absurd to many Americans, the threat from outside our country's borders is decidedly unfunny. If you believe the people who brought us 9/11 are finished you are seriously mistaken.

Is another 9/11 set to unfold?

The man who predicted 9/11 is worried that its sequel is imminent.

"Muslims that I talk to say things like, 'America thinks they're safe now. They've forgotten about 9/11. But watch, Daniel. Stay near your TV. It's going to be bigger than 9/11,' " he said.

Hill said the next terrorist attack will involve suitcase nuclear bombs that will be detonated in small, low-flying two-seater private airplanes manned by men hanging onto the belief that, like the 9/11 hijackers, they are about to die as martyrs and enter paradise.

He is not alone in suggesting such a scenario. A 2007 book, "The Day of Islam," spells out the details, as do any number of Internet sites about a plot called "American Hiroshima."

"I'm a Muslim," he says. "I'm a special ops expert, I'm a terrorist and I've lived among Muslims. I fought the Russians with the same guys we're now fighting in Afghanistan. I met Osama. I volunteered to assassinate him. I know (the enemy) so well because I've worked, slept and prayed alongside them for years. I've become one of them. I know their nature, I know their culture, I know how they think. I can quote the Koran like a Southern Baptist minister can quote the New Testament. I know these are people who do not tire, who do not quit. There are odds this won't happen, but they aren't big odds."

I think we owe it to the memory of those lost on 9/11/2001 to not let it ever happen again. I also think those in charge of our defense, on the hill, in Washington, don't take the threat seriously. In fact, I know they don't. I know by their actions. Ignore the words, watch what they do, or, more correctly in this case, what they don't do.

No comments: