Friday, August 24, 2012

He's Still the Best in My Book


USADA to Strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour de France Titles, Ban Him For Life
Armstrong, who retired last year, declined to enter USADA's arbitration process – his last option – because he said he was weary of fighting accusations that have dogged him for years. He has consistently pointed to the hundreds of drug tests that he has passed as proof of his innocence during his extraordinary run of Tour titles stretching from 1999-2005.

"There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now," Armstrong said in a statement sent to The Associated Press. He called the USADA investigation an "unconstitutional witch hunt."

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999," he said. "The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense."
They've been after Lance Armstrong for years and have found no proof of their allegations and yet they just keep going after him year after year. I don't blame him at all for his decision.

It seems like someone at the USADA has a personal vendetta against Armstrong. He has probably been tested more than anyone else and all tests have been negative. Leave him alone already. My guess is the USADA is populated by liberals. That is not a joke.

No comments: