Thursday, August 19, 2004

Heart of Darkness

While most everything is back to normal at home, the hotel I work at is still without power and will be until Saturday. The maintenance man has a generator but we had a lot of problems getting it started. It was gummed up from sitting for years. After 3 days we got it going. I caught up on all my work but the computer is having problems and pretty much quit working last night after I finished. This is frustrating but I keep hearing there are alot of homes without power. This hurricane really caused alot more of a mess than most of us thought it would. If you can help it, don't get caught in the path of a major hurricane. And if you can't help it, at least be prepared. Be as uncool as you possibly can and have all the things on hand that they say you should.

No comments: