Thursday, August 12, 2004

Swift Boat

The thing that gets me is the claim by Democrats that if the military gave the medals, it all has to be true. You mean everything in the military is on the up & up and beyond question? There aren't people in the military who use others to get ahead or who claim resonsibility for something they didn't do or deny responsiblity for something they did do? Everyone who got a medal deserved one and if someone didn't get a medal it's because they didn't deserve it?

Well, they might believe that (while they are trying to get rid of President Bush, not before and not after), but I wouldn't buy that with your money. I was in the Air force, I saw what goes on. The same things that go on in your office. The same things that go on in corporate America. There's a lot of good people in the military, there are some bad.

Most who got medals deserved them. Some who didn't get a medal should have. And some who got them had no business getting one. I know that is true. I don't know who is who and I won't go there except to say that many of those who deserved them the most, wanted them the least.

It would do America well to pay attention to what those men are saying and not ignore it. At least give it an honest listen. Are you afraid it might be true? Better to know now. My gut tells me that the Swift Boat men are closer to the truth than Kerry is. It's usually right.

Brothers band together against Kerry

No comments: