Sunday, September 11, 2005

9-11


I wish I could say we had learned the lessons of this tragic day but it is painfully obvious that this country - collectively - just doesn't get it. We don't have the backbone to do what it will take to put this threat down for good, at least not yet. I just hope the day we come to our senses it will not be too late.

"Last time I saw it all coming and cried aloud to my own fellow-countrymen and to the world, but no one paid any attention. Up till the year 1933 or even 1935, Germany might have been saved from the awful fate which has overtaken her and we might all have been spared the miseries Hitler let loose upon mankind. There never was a war in all history easier to prevent by timely action than the one which has just desolated such great areas of the globe. It could have been prevented in my belief without the firing of a single shot, and Germany might be powerful, prosperous and honored to-day; but no one would listen and one by one we were all sucked into the awful whirlpool. We surely must not let that happen again."
--Sir Winston Churchill
Mar. 5, 1946 - Westminster College, Fulton, Missouri

No comments: