Thursday, September 22, 2005

Get Outta Town


The morning that Katrina was making land fall, when Shepard Smith was calling the all clear in New Orleans, I asked the girl who relieved me if she had ever been to New Orleans. She said "No, why?" I said, "It's too late now." Little did I know how right I was.

I'm saying the same thing about Galveston now. If you live in Galveston, you better get out. They have learned some lessons from Katrina and are bussing people out who don't have another way. Good. If Rita keeps this course, anyone who stays in Galveston will have no excuse and I don't want to hear anything about the government blowing up the sea wall or the ethnic cleansing BS we're hearing from New Orleans. Take responsibility for your own mistakes. Better yet, don't make the mistake - get out of town.

No comments: