Monday, September 18, 2006

See You On the Dark Side of the Moon


Another artist flaunting misguided political views, this time it's Roger Waters. Not a complete surprise, he's flirted with it before but this time it's gone too far for my tastes.

In case the Drudge Report link stops working he's written "Impeach Bush" and "Don't be led to the slaughter, vote Democrat Nov 2nd" on the huge floating pig he uses at his concerts. He also "juxtaposed pictures of the President, Karl Rove, Ronald Reagan, and Margaret Thatcher with pictures of Osama bin Laden, Mao Zedong, Stalin, and other world tyrants."

Video of the pig

I've overlooked his past political jabs because I know he lost his father in WWII but there comes a time to put that behind you and face reality. No way would I go to his concert knowing this was going on. What is he thinking? Is someone in his fan base going to vote Democrat because Roger Waters thinks he should? No, they will not go to his concerts though, just ask the Dixie Chicks.

I don't think he's even an American citizen, he's English, possible he became one I guess but I don't think so.


In honor of Eric Fletcher Waters (d. 1944 Anzio WWII): When the Tigers Broke Free


No comments: