Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I Saw Hurt Locker


I rented the movie Monday morning not realizing that it had won 6 Oscars the night before. I was just curious to see it because of the lawsuit against the makers of the movie. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but there have been some good ones. Hurt Locker is no Saving Private Ryan.

I'd have to say it's a mediocre movie. I didn't turn it off but I don't really care if I ever see it again. The biggest turn off to me was the stereotypical portrayal of the characters by a liberal film maker. "War is a drug" is quoted at the beginning of the movie. At one point a wounded Iraqi 'friendly' is 'put down' instead of allowing the medics to save him. Meanwhile, they don't shoot obvious insurgents. Whatever, it's just a movie but it doesn't cast our American fighting men in a good light. It's not the first to do that and it won't be the last.

As for the Oscars? I don't get it.

No comments: