Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Shockingly Unshocking


Recent Charges of Sexual Abuse of Children in Hollywood Just Tip of Iceberg, Experts Say
If a spate of recent allegations proves true, Hollywood may have a hideous epidemic on its hands. The past two weeks have brought three separate reports of alleged child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.
Experts say? There are experts on Hollywood pedophilia? Why have they been quiet until now?

I never thought to myself, "Hey, I bet there's pedophilia going on in Hollywood," but seeing this article elicits absolutely zero shock response. That surprises me, something as horrible as this may be going on and it's not even a speed bump in my mind. It's like hearing there is corruption in our government and whatever little bit you hear about is just the tip of the iceberg. Actually, there is quite a bit more than a little bit we are hearing about lately and that doesn't surprise me either. We used to be better than this, now we're Mexico north - not to pick on Mexico, it's just an example of government corruption that used to be confined to Third World governments. Used to be.

No comments: