Thursday, July 10, 2003

Appetite For Destruction

Kim Jong-il's Chef escaped and wrote a book about the dictator (of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, what a joke!). Here's an article about it and it gives you a little peek into this guy's mind. He sounds like a fun guy to be around.

But Did They Mishandle the Evidence?

DNA cracks case of chicken-killing canine.

Tired of a dog killing his chickens he retrieved some hair from the chicken coop and got a DNA profile to nab the culprit.

"Tonight, Sabrina's owner, Karin Magid, will get her day in court. She is slated to go before a county panel to defend her dog and argue that Jones went overboard with his analysis, according to United Press International.

''We all treated it as a huge joke,'' Magid told the Globe. ''I don't deny that these dogs do this sort of thing, and my dog did eat one of his goats, but I think it was already dead.''


Some dog owners are in such denial about this kind of thing. Just last night on the news I saw there was a senior citizen who was attacked by a couple of Rottweilers, and the owner is pissed that they took his dogs and want to put them down. His excuse was, and I saw and heard him say this on TV, "If the dogs were trying they would have easily killed him." Hello? Here's a quote that I found in print:

"As for the dogs' owners, who were allowed to keep the one rottweiler that was still chained up, they wouldn't talk to us. But a relative claimed the dogs are harmless. "They just bark like any normal dog would. That's it. Hardly ever, never [see them running free] and when they do, they always come right back on their own right away," says Mike Torres"

Yeah, after terrorizing the neighborhood. And the news has been full of dog attacks lately. Don't these people understand the apprehension of other people when they see a large dog wandering around? If I see, and I occasionally do, a strange dog near my house I can't let the kids go outside and I only go out if I have to and then give thought to how to kill the dog if it is hostile. It's never a small dog either, it's always a large breed. It might be a great dog but I don't know that, and I will not just assume it. I should be able to shoot any dog on my property without my permission. If we could do that maybe the dog owners would suddenly become a little more responsible.

I'm not attacking all dogs or dog owners, I love dogs. But there is a certain percentage of dog owners who shouldn't be dog owners. They think a big, mean dog is cool. They think a wild, barely controllable, probably abused, large breed is protection. They have no concept of dog training. They are idiots. Every kind of pet has a certain number of owners who shouldn't own them but some animals have a far greater potential for harm or death of innocent people if they get out of your control and large dogs fit into that category.

A Happier Dog Story

Hurt hound hobbles into hospital.

The dog is hit by a car (they think) and limps to a hospital to get help. The hospital got hold of a vet and paid the dogs bill. That's cool!

Who Says TV Doesn't Influence Kids?

Palestinian TV Urges Young Men to Become Martyrs. Kill a Jew, get 72! Virgins that is.




No comments: