Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Coincidence?

Usually James naps for maybe an hour or sometimes not at all. I sleep when he naps, usually not for long because I wait for him to fall asleep before I sleep myself. Today he slept longer. I had a very vivid and detailed dream, very unusual for me. I don't remember ever dreaming during these naps. I woke up when I heard James waking up and was amazed how long we slept, about 3 hours. But things happen for a reason. On her way home, Irma was in an accident. Not bad, no one was hurt, but the other car was high enough to just go over the front bumper of the van and it bent the radiator. It took out some coolant hoses and I believe a gas line because I could smell gas. It wouldn't start and isn't drivable anyway because of the radiator. She called me to come to the scene. When I got there the police were not there yet. We waited. And waited. Finally the Kissimmee police stopped by to tell us we had to wait for the Florida Highway Patrol. The accident happened at 5:30pm. As it turns out, FHP didn't show up until 10:00pm! An hour earlier we had decided, after talking to the Kissimme police, to leave the scene and go to the station and fill out an accident form. Somehow this is OK but the police can't do a report on the scene. We called AAA for a tow and they wouldn't do anything until FHP had been there. Finally they agreed but said it would be awhile.

It was so unbearably hot I had to take James home so he could cool off, refill drinks and take a bath. Irma got to talking to the people in the house she was parked in front of and they had a tow truck and would to it for $25.00. I got some money and went back. That's when FHP showed up (10:00pm) and they gave her the same report she would have had to fill out at the station...and that's all! We waited for absolutely no reason whatsoever except we were told to wait by the Kissimmee Police. I don't have alot of respect for any of them right now. As they were loading the van on the flatbed somehow a spark started a fire in the engine compartment and they had to use a fire extinguisher on it. I don't know the damage that caused yet. On the way home I saw the AAA tow truck just pulling up. Screw them! I don't like AAA very much right now either.

I don't know what's going to happen now. I've bought enough parts for that van to know it's gonna be expensive to fix. I even have a feeling the insurance company won't think it's worth the expense. We'll see. Maybe I'm wrong. The damage is mostly cosmetic except the radiator. It's a good thing I got some sleep earlier because my main sleeping time is 7 -10pm and I got none at all. That's really got me thinking, was it just a coincidence that James slept so long today?

No comments: