Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Worm Week

Yet another virus.

"When the .pif or .scr attachment is opened, Sobig.F infects the computer and sends itself on to other victims using a random e-mail address from the address book."

It never ceases to amaze me how many people continue to open e-mail attachments without really knowing what they are after all the warnings. Some really good advice to minimize your chance of infection can be found at #!/usr/bin/geek.

My Taskbar

In a previous post I told you my taskbar was too large and wouldn't adjust smaller. The icons were too large and I think that's why. Anyway, I created a new user account and deleted the old one and it solved the problem. Since it was a fresh install I didn't have to fiddle with it too much. That's better.

James used the word awesome correctly in a sentence today, much to my amazement. He must have learned it from Joshua. We went to the pet shop to buy mice and rats for the snakes. I usually buy them at the flea market because they are so cheap but I was too tired to go when they were open last weekend. They cost about 3 times as much, I hate that. James loves to go to the pet shop and he likes to carry the mice too. He got all excited in the store and kept saying he saw a frog so I had to go with him so he could show me. He took me to a pool they had on the floor and the frog turned out to be ceramic. How anticlimactic. We got home just before a major thunderstorm hit and fed the snakes. Awesome.

No comments: