Friday, November 14, 2003

How Do I Get Out Of Here?

I had an old guy come to the hotel tonight and ask, "How do I get out of here?"

My first thought was how do you get out of where, the parking lot? I asked him,
"Where are you trying to go?"

He said he wanted to head north out of Florida so I got a map and showed him how to go. He didn't look too sure and I went over it a few times to make sure he got it. Then he told me he's been trying to get out of the area for 3 days! 3 days! I don't know if he was serious or not but there wasn't anything more I could do, I told him "good luck." He said if he couldn't find his way he would be back. I really hope he was just kidding but after talking to him I'm not sure. If he can't find the turnpike he'll never find his way back here, so I'll never know.

We had an old lady here once who just couldn't drive her car, she had no sense of direction at all and she said she just followed other cars and hoped they were going where she wanted to go. She wanted to drive to Tampa. I kid you not. I think we ended up calling her family in Tampa to come get her.


The cool weather has finally come to central Florida tonight and it actually feels a bit nippy. Great sleeping weather, too bad I'm not sleeping.

No comments: