Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Health Food

Remember when I posted about the guy who ate only McDonald's for a month and how sick he got? That's not just McDonald's, alot of the food we eat is pretty much "manufactured" and really not all that healthy, especially fast food.

On the way home from picking up Joshua he said he wanted to eat his snack, reached into his bookbag and pulled out a little container of mashed potatoes from Popeye's Chicken. I really hadn't concerned myself with Joshua's school, that's Irma's thing, but I didn't realize the lunches were all from local fast food establishments. Pizza Hut, Chick Fila (whatever), Popeye's, Subway, and some Chinese place. That's what they're feeding the kids these days. I knew the government schools were doing that but Joshua is in a private school. Last year his school wasn't doing that. You're much better off packing a lunch.

No comments: