Thursday, October 05, 2006

Please, No More ...


Accident commercials! It seems the latest rage in TV commercials is showing a car accident. Volkswagen, insurance companies and I just saw one from a distracted drivers awareness group. I don't need to see more car accidents.

One insurance commercial shows a guy tossing his coffee cup onto the passenger seat and after the accident it's still sitting right there at the edge of the seat. People need seatbelts but cups don't play by the laws of physics I guess.

Volkswagen's surprise accident commercials are the worst. They don't make me want to buy a volkswagen, they make me want to change the channel.

It reminds me of a radio commercial I used to hear. No clue what the product was but the commercial started with teeth grinding and the announcer said he would play that sound until you buy the product. The second the commercial would come on I would change the station. Like I said, "No clue what the product was."

No comments: