Sunday, December 09, 2007

No-Gun Zones Kill People


Or, at least make it very easy for criminals to kill people.

Firsthand account of mall shooting

Honestly, and as God as my witness, when I saw him shooting and as watched for a few seconds trying to figure out what he was going to do and what I should do, the thought that when through my mind was, “If I had a gun, I have a perfect shot.”

Yes, a perfect shot. I had a full side profile, I was close, and no one was visible behind him execept a wall. I had a clear shot during the second round of fire.

When I realized that I had no gun, fear instantly struck me, along with anger, and severe panic.

I ran hard.

I am very angry at the city of Omaha and the mall for their stupid laws that nearly cost me my life. The laws protected no one, and in my opinion, caused people to die.

It took FOREVER for the cops to get there, I estimated the time as 10 minutes but the news says 6.


It's not their fault, but cops are never there (except by shear luck) until it's too late. You can't rely on them to save you. They will fill out the paperwork, interview survivors, and notify the next of kin - and if the bad guy got away, hopefully they will find him. No guarantees.

No comments: