Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thy Kingdom


Never be persuaded for one single moment either by the man who attacks Christianity, or by the man who defends it, into believing that science and religion are out of harmony with each other. Of course we need to be very careful to draw a distinction between scientific facts and scientific hypotheses; and to draw a distinction between Biblical declaration and human interpretation of its meaning. I stand for no man's interpretation of the Bible, not even my own, but I stand for the Bible. I am interested in every hypotheses of science, but I hold in reserve my judgment, and ask for ascertained fact; and when I find the ascertained fact, and the simple statement of Scripture, I find that they are one.
-- G. Campbell Morgan in Sermon - The Kingdom: "Thy Kingdom"

No comments: