Friday, April 03, 2009

The Search for Truth


I don't like to get into this discussion very much, there are a lot of people who claim to know a lot of things they really don't know - on both sides. I don't know how God created the heavens and the earth, He doesn't say, but I know that He did. He doesn't say when either, it seems to have been billions of years ago, but I'm not willing to bet my life on it. I have my beliefs, open to correction as I learn more.

If it was important to know the how, He would have told us plainly. But there is nothing wrong with using science to figure out what we can. It's OK to try to figure it all out, He gave us an amazing mind, creative urges and a yearning for discovery.

Anyway, this is a good video. No crazy theories, no religious or scientific dogma. You'll find it at the link, I can't embed it here.

200 Years After Darwin -- What Didn't Darwin Know?

"Your preconceptions really color the way you process data ..."

That is an understatement, it can take a lifetime to unravel wrong, preconceived beliefs, things you just knew were true all your life but turn out to be wrong. Believing something doesn't make it true.

Thanks La Shawn for the link.

No comments: