Friday, October 02, 2009

The Arrogant Generation




Love the Charles Rangel part:
"Who's gonna lead us out of poverty? Barack Obama! Who's gonna save the United States of America? Barack Obama! Who's gonna save the entire world? Barack Obama! And who do we love? Barack Obama!"

No. Barack Obama is not going to do any of those things. He can't.

I remember as a child reading the book of Revelation and wondering how anyone could be taken in by the "beast power," the kingdom or government that becomes the most powerful the world has ever seen. Well, I'm getting a lot of glimpses of that lately. I see that spirit at work.

Not only do I see the possibility, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to imagine it not happening. I don't see it turning around, I don't see people coming to their senses. People are becoming increasingly arrogant and hostile toward one another. There is no civilized discourse among rival philosophies.

Glenn Beck is right about what he is saying and if you stand for the truth you will be attacked. That is the way of this world.

No comments: