Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Have We Stopped Caring?


Some pictures from the Indonesian Earthquake recovery

Every time there is a massive natural disaster somewhere in the world, America helps, and is usually at the forefront of the recovery effort. Even where we are not wanted, we try (Myanmar). And the news makes a special effort to tell you where you can donate to the efforts.

Recently there was a massive earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia and I have heard nothing about Americans sending help and supplies - as I usually do. Nothing about where to send donations. Maybe I missed it? Or are we just too preoccupied with ourselves now. The President does set the tone for the nation, after all.

Here is an example of what was done in the past: More Than $110-Million Raised for Disasters in Asia

A comment on that page is telling: "Hmmm! Maybe we should worry about the people in the US first!"

Here's a link to the Red Cross - even they don't have much on the homepage about it.

I know there are Americans are over there helping, regardless of what the rest of the country is preoccupied with. God bless them.

These are just my observations, I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, I almost forgot about the flooding in the Philippines

The United States has donated $100,000 and deployed a military helicopter and five rubber boats manned by about 20 American soldiers from the country's south, where they have been providing counterterrorism training. The United Nations Children's Fund and the World Food Program have also provided food and other aid.

Hmmm.

No comments: