Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Todays link of the day.


I remember watching them build the World Trade Center when I was young. My Grandmother lived on Midland Ave. in Kearny, NJ and you could walk out to the sidewalk and get a perfect view of the towers. I remember the crane on top. I used to take the PATH trains from Harrison to the Trade Center. I picked up my first Plain Truth magazine from the World Trade Center. It was a strange feeling to be on top of them, almost like you were flying, maybe like you didn't belong there - so high. I went to visit my father in Kearny in 2000. I remember the view from the hospital of the Trade Center at night, that was a skyline! I went to NY that night and was heading downtown when my Mother called and said James wouldn't stop crying and we should come right home, so I didn't get as close as I wanted that night. I have taken the Staten Island Ferry many times, it was always a very special feeling. I used to sit on the waterfront in Staten Island and watch the huge ships go by, of course the Trade Center was in the background. There was that sense of mass, of everything being so huge, mighty. The waterfront down the shore seems almost wimpy in comparison. I haven't been back since 9-11, I can't even imagine...


About 2 months before 9-11, in a sermon, Garner Ted Armstrong was explaining the following verse: Mark 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. He was trying (successfully) to put us in the minds of the disciples at that time, how they could not even imagine what He was saying could possibly happen. He said, imagine being in New York and being told these great buildings would come down and not one stone left on another, and how impossible that seemed, and it was impossible before 9-11.

No comments: