Friday, October 20, 2006

A Big Difference


I saw the report on the news about the stingray that jumped into a boat here in Florida and stabbed a man in the chest. It didn't make sense to me how that could happen but that's what was said. I even saw a woman on Fox News blaming the event on global warming and that didn't make any sense to me either. Granted, I missed the very beginning but, come on - global warming?

Well, the truth comes out. The stingray apparently did jump into the boat but the man was only stabbed when he picked it up to throw it overboard. That makes a heck of a lot more sense, so why didn't they say that on the news. Why make it seem like the stingray attacked him?

Don't trust the news to get anything right, don't pick up stingrays, and global warming has nothing to do with this.

Update: I just saw Jeff Corwin on Fox say that it isn't unusual for these stingrays to jump out of the water. I guess the timing was right and it landed in the boat. It was a complete accident, it didn't attack or anything close. Everything would have been fine if he had not picked it up.

No comments: