Friday, October 20, 2006

How It's Done


Beth Greer, 73, and her husband Tommy Greer, 60, say they returned home from work shortly before 11pm Monday night. Within minutes, they were staring down the barrel of a gun.

"I heard a shot go off and, of course, I just knew he had killed Tommy. In an instant, he stepped back into the garage. One step in the garage, still with his gun pointed at me, and I just opened fire on him. I just shot, shot, shot, shot," Beth Greer remembered.


Well done. No one else will protect you and the police will just stop by after you're dead and fill out the proper forms - it's just the way it is.

Sheriff George Payne said, "Historically, we don't release the names of victims like this, and they're victims involved in shootings. But they wanted to do that to tell their story so the rest of the public knows that this is America and we're not going to be intimidated by these thugs that think they can come to our homes and rob us or shoot us, and we're not just going be intimidated and roll over for them. Quite frankly, there was a gun battle there and she won the gun battle and this outlaw lost his life."

"A few times we'd had incidents that's happened at the shop. I've often sat and wondered, 'What would I do if somebody did come in and pull a gun? What would I do?' Now I know what I will do because I was able to get through that. I won't ever, ever hesitate to pull a gun and shoot somebody if they come at me," said Beth Greer.

No comments: