Monday, December 02, 2002

Website of the day: AquaWeb Fish resources

Here's another related site: Aquaria Central

If you like cichlids: The Cichlid Room Companion

One more: FishGeeks

Last night a hotel close to mine had a bad fire in one of the buildings. I kept seeing fire truck after fire truck go by and another hotel called to ask me what was going on. She heard about it on her scanner. I drove by to see what hotel it was and it was fully involved, flames shooting out of the roof. It was the old Residence Inn. I don't know what it's called now, it's just a generic name. It was in a vacant building, no one was hurt.

When I was coming back I was stopped at a light and a fire truck was coming up on the cross traffic. They had a green light but for some reason, the cars just stopped, blocking the intersection, instead of going through and getting out of the way. I'm glad I don't drive a fire truck. You have to be a fireman 10 years to drive the fire truck. (Obscure Newhart reference)

I got the Roger Waters "In the Flesh" DVD and it is really great. It perfectly captured the concert, which I saw in Tampa. And it sounds terrific, he is better than ever.
If you like Roger Waters, it's a must have. It was well worth the 10 bucks at Tower Records



No comments: