Monday, December 23, 2002

Website of the day: MacDirectory

Here's one for Windows: Make Windows Work Better One tip to a page, kind of a pain to get through it but looks like some great tips. Some I've seen before and some I'd like to try if I ever feel like firing up the windows computer again. Hee hee.

Here are a couple of computer articles written by John C. Dvorak. The first one is Upstarts Attack Microsoft Slackers and I've included it here because I agree with it 100%. My first choice in browser is Opera, then Mozilla. I use explorer only on those sites that will not work with the others. Usually this is because they decide for me that my browser won't work on their site. In Opera you can tell the browser to identify itself as explorer and most times that works perfectly. I try to have it identify itself as Opera most of the time because I want webmasters to know there are people out there using it.

The second article is Obituary: OS/2. It seems IBM has killed off OS/2. I used to use OS/2 back when most people were using Windows 3.11. I could not figure out why nobody wanted to use it, I loved that operating system. It was way ahead of it's time. Too bad.

I've been getting more and more comfortable with Mac OS X. I'm thinking about setting up the printer so I can connect to the Mac and I can't think of any other reason to use Windows anymore. I feel free!

No comments: