Monday, January 06, 2003

I did watch 'A Beautiful Mind' yesterday - it was good, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again though.

When I'm at work I have usually a couple of hours worth of work (when it's slow) and then I just have to babysit the hotel for the rest of the night. Most of the time I eat after I finish my paperwork and one thing that never ceases (my mind went blank for a second trying to spell cease. Hold the jokes please.) to amaze me is no matter what time I finish, even on the slowest nights (like tonight) as soon as I take the food from the microwave, sit down and put the first bite in my mouth - the doorbell rings. It drives me nuts. Nobody before that, nobody after.

I went traveling to Japan tonight on the web and made a few interesting finds. PhotoTokyo looks interesting. But SushiCam really caught my eye. He has a journal entry about climbing Mt. Fuji here complete with photos. I climbed Mt. Fuji at night and got to the top about an hour before dawn. It was awesome watching the sun rise from there. I don't remember any bad smells like he says, but it was a hard climb. It's not something you want to do again, at least not for a long time.

I walked up with a woman I met on the tour (she turned out to be an officer, 1st lieut., I think), which turned out to be a smart move because she brought a flashlight. Women always seem to think of the obvious. Climbing all night, you might need a flashlight, eh. She was the outdoor type and we kept a good pace. I wasn't worn out by the climb but by the time we got back down I remember saying "never again". It was cold at the top too, and thats the first place I remember drinking tsubu tsubu. I may have masacred that name but it's a very pulpy orange juice and tastes great. I have a real hard time finding it here, sometimes in an oriental grocery.

I just did a search and look what I found. I guess I did spell it right.

I brought a few cd's full of mp3's and I want to burn a couple of cd's to listen to, so I think I'll give the internet a rest for a little while. See ya.

No comments: