Monday, March 08, 2004

Hatred

Hatred seems to be the emotion of the decade and the amount and intensity seems to be growing more each day. Whatever happened to peaceful protests? Alan Dershowitz ran into a little hatred at Faneuil Hall in Boston.

"One sign carrier shouted that Jews who support Israel are worse than Nazis. Another demanded that I be tortured and killed. It wasn't only their words; it was the hatred in their eyes. If a dozen Boston police were not protecting me, I have little doubt I would have been physically attacked. Their eyes were ablaze with fanatical zeal.


Look familiar? Scroll down to see the picture.

That is what I saw: passionate hatred, ecstatic hatred, orgasmic hatred. It was beyond mere differences of opinion. When I looked into their faces, I could imagine young Nazis in the 1930s in Hitler's Germany. They had no doubt that they were right and that I was pure evil for my support of the Jewish state, despite my public disagreement with some of Israel's policies and despite my support for Palestinian statehood. There was no place for nuance here. It was black and white, good versus evil, and any Jew who supported Israel was pure evil, deserving of torture, violence, and whatever fate Hitler and Goebbels deserved."



There will be alot more to come. The hatred is not going anywhere soon. Don't get caught up in it.

And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another Matthew 24:10

And we have a problem with our judges and other government officials ignoring the laws of our country instead of upholding them.

And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. Matthew 24:12

No comments: