Wednesday, March 03, 2004

What is Truth?

The Omission of the Christ

"If the Arab claim is true that they have always been the historic presence in "Palestine", as the world body has readily accepted (since they are de facto forcing the creation of an Arab Palestinian state), it raises important questions about the story of Jesus, the origin of the Jews and the very foundations of Western civilization."

Some Days You Just Want to Scream

I stopped at Walmart on the way home from work and my car wouldn't start again. I thought at first it was the battery but it turned out to be the starter. AAA towed it home and I replaced the starter - it worked, but I lost any chance of sleeping because I had to take Irma to work so I could use her car. On my way to work tonight, only 1 mile from home, the car completely died. It was as if the battery was not connected. I pulled over into a parking lot and Irma came and got me so I could get to work. Now I have to sit here all night thinking about what is wrong with the car but not be able to do anything. I think I know. The battery was very hot and I believe it was caused by a bad alternator (the voltage fluctuated high and low before this happened, I should have went home). The only thing I don't know is if there is a main fuse that protects this circuit. It was so dark I couldn't see anything. Most cars have a main fuse but I don't remember ever seeing one on this car. If not, the battery is shot and maybe some wiring as well. Please let there be a fuse. I can replace the alternator in 10 minutes and be on my way. I really don't need a bigger problem right now.

No comments: