Friday, December 17, 2004

For The Birds


I took the kids fishing at the lake and, lucky for me, they have free high speed wireless internet access here. Joshua got a lure and he is off casting his head off. He hasn't caught anything though. James was fishing with a hook and some bread but he quickly lost interest and is playing with his bird friends. He's been feeding them for 15 minutes now and there is quite a crowd of birds around. At one point they alll just took off at the same time leaving James wondering what the heck happened, but they all came back in a minute.

It looks like Joshua may have slipped and got his feet wet. He's a little way off but he looks fine. He's having fun. I wish I could find a better place to take kids fishing, someplace the fish practically jump out of the water at you. I had a place like that when I was a kid. Joshua just got back and he didn't fall in. He was trying to get his lure - it was stuck. He didn't get wet.

James ran out of bread and I think it's about time to go. I'm hungry and James was eating the bread along with the birds. Now James is chasing birds with the fishing pole - it is time to go. He can't catch them but I don't want him to do that anyway. It's not nice.

No comments: