Monday, December 13, 2004

Way to Go!


Resident captures intruder

Leonard Gamage is sore today, which is understandable since he spent more than 45 minutes fighting off an intruder late Friday.

Gamage, 87, suffered some bumps and bruises in a pair of fights with the intruder, who is an unidentified 20-year man. Leonard told the Journal he does feel good about still having the ability to defend his home.

"I'm an old soldier," Gamage said. "I was in quite a few scuffles in the Army. I feel like I can still go if I have to."


45 Minutes? You would think he would just run away after meeting with so much resistance, especially when the homeowner has a gun. The old man did have a rifle and fired two warning shots and had to shoot the intruder - in the foot. I honestly don't believe I would have been so kind.

No comments: