Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Website of the day: Earth as Art

Lately I'm wishing more and more I had an Apple computer instead of windows. I'm really getting tired of all the stupid little problems every time I try to use the computer. I don't have time to be messing around with the computer every time I go to use it. I like Linux and the BSD's but you end up constantly tinkering with them and I can't do it anymore. Sometimes I like messing around with a computer but mostly I just want record a cd without windows saying I have no cd writer installed, so I have to reboot. Or can't connect to the internet and somehow rebooting solves that as well. Or locking up the whole thng. This is with XP Professional It wasn't supposed to be like this. Anyway, I'm reading and learning about the Mac's, I have a hard time believing they are close to perfect either. Not that in I can actually afford one anyway, that's one thing I really don't like about the Mac. It's like going from one monopoly to another. Why couldn't the world smarten up in the early 90's and start using OS/2? That operating system was light years ahead of windows at the time. But no, windows was so great! Yeah right.
This is one example of why democracies don't work. The people don't always know better. And the United States of America is NOT a democracy no matter how many times you hear it said on the news, in schools, by government officials, or whoever. This country is a republic and there is a good reason for it. Our founding fathers were much more brilliant then they are given credit for, especially by the left. Contrary to popular belief, although we are swimming in knowledge, more than any other generation, we are not getting more intelligent every generation. No way.

I just heard about this. The government will be overseeing the new kids.us internet domain for kids. That'll work.

No comments: