Thursday, December 19, 2002

Website of the day: Short Course: Digital Photography

Some more commentaries:

This one from Michelle Malkin: No tears for slain police

And Clarence Page writes: To rob a burning cross of its power

Not your father's antiwar protest was written by David Davenport.

John C. Hulsman/Brett D. Schaefer wrote A Western Turkey

In the Bible, modern Turkey is Edom, which came from Esau, the brother of Jacob.

Ge 25:30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Please feed me with that same red stew, for I am weary." Therefore his name was called Edom.

There has been a wicked rivalry between Jacob and Esau since in the womb. And ever since. Modern day Palistinians descended from the Philistines.

Ezekiel 25:12 'Thus says the Lord God: "Because of what Edom did against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended by avenging itself on them," 13 therefore thus says the Lord God: "I will also stretch out My hand against Edom, cut off man and beast from it, and make it desolate from Teman; Dedan shall fall by the sword. 14 I will lay My vengeance on Edom by the hand of My people Israel, that they may do in Edom according to My anger and according to My fury; and they shall know My vengeance," says the Lord God. 15 'Thus says the Lord God: "Because the Philistines dealt vengefully and took vengeance with a spiteful heart, to destroy because of the old hatred," 16 therefore thus says the Lord God: "I will stretch out My hand against the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethites and destroy the remnant of the seacoast. 17 I will execute great vengeance on them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I lay My vengeance upon them.

Mal 1:4 Even though Edom has said, "We have been impoverished, But we will return and build the desolate places," Thus says the Lord of hosts: "They may build, but I will throw down; They shall be called the Territory of Wickedness, And the people against whom the Lord will have indignation forever.5 Your eyes shall see, And you shall say, 'The Lord is magnified beyond the border of Israel.'

The following describes a yet future captivity of Judah and the rest of the descendents of Jacob (Israel). Judah is modern Israel. Israel refers mostly to the United States and Great Britain.

Obadiah 1:10 "For violence against your brother Jacob, Shame shall cover you, And you shall be cut off forever. 11 In the day that you stood on the other side-- In the day that strangers carried captive his forces, When foreigners entered his gates And cast lots for Jerusalem-- Even you were as one of them. 12 But you should not have gazed on the day of your brother In the day of his captivity; Nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah In the day of their destruction; Nor should you have spoken proudly In the day of distress. 13 You should not have entered the gate of My people In the day of their calamity. Indeed, you should not have gazed on their affliction In the day of their calamity, Nor laid hands on their substance In the day of their calamity. 14 You should not have stood at the crossroads To cut off those among them who escaped; Nor should you have delivered up those among them who remained In the day of distress. 15 "For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head. 16 For as you drank on my holy mountain, So shall all the nations drink continually; Yes, they shall drink, and swallow, And they shall be as though they had never been.

They may be our "friends" now, but their true colors will show when the tribulation is upon us.

I don't have space here to explain the national identities, read Europe and America in Prophecy. It's 100% free and it's available here. Scroll down for the link.

Here is a link to Learn 2 Type. It's free as well.

No comments: